Protect your privacy
Last Update: November, 2020
To protect your privacy, Traveler Buddy Group Pte Ltd follows different principles in accordance with worldwide practices for customer privacy and data protection.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact email@example.com.
Please read this policy carefully. It is our goal to provide you with information that is tailored to your individual needs and, at the same time, respect your privacy. Through accessing or using TravelerBuddy you express your acceptance about our collection, use, and disclosure of your information in accordance with this policy. This policy does not cover information collected elsewhere, including, without limitation, offline or on sites linked to through TravelerBuddy. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such third parties. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of those third parties. Please do not access to our site and app or use our services in case you disagree with this policy.
This policy is fully compliant with the latest PDPA and GDPR/DSVGO/RGPD regulations and requirements.
How can you reach our Data Privacy Officer?
Traveler Buddy Group Pte. Ltd is a company incorporated in Singapore.
We have appointed a data privacy manager who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the data privacy manager using the details set out below:
Traveler Buddy Group Pte. Ltd.
10 Anson Road
What data do we collect from you?
When you register with TravelerBuddy, we ask for your email address and password as well as first and last name. To effectively use our service, we may collect further personal data and travel information e.g. your government issued travel document (ex. passport, an international driver’s license, VISA etc.) details, known traveler information such as home location, phone numbers, additional email addresses. For some features we might also collection your location information with your consent.
- The transmission of all your data is secured with latest SSL standards.
TravelerBuddy collects personal data and travel information for the following reasons (upon your approval):
- To register and administer an account
- To create your travel itinerary
- To create your expense report
- To receive information, confirmations, alerts, notifications and suggestions
- To support you before, while and after traveling by using your stored user data
- To share itinerary information with your self-selected contacts
- To customize services for you in order to provide you with pre-travel checks, weather forecast, currency exchange rate, time difference and zone, flight check-in features, map navigation and more
- To send services, information and offers via different channels
- To provide customer support
- To bill you for premium services and subscriptions of which you have ordered
You may also invite contacts to share itinerary information with you and vice versa. In these instances, we collect your contact email address for the purpose of forwarding the invitation (to download the app and to see your itinerary) to them.
Information we automatically collect about visits and usage
For all site visitors or app users, not just registered users, we use analytics, including analytics conducted by third-party services, to help analyze how the services are used, what errors users encounter when using our services, whether they act on or open emails sent by TravelerBuddy, and what other sites they used prior to coming to the site. Through cookies and scripts, we collect information to improve our site and your user experience, such as remembering you when you return and log in, reducing the time it takes for you to create an itinerary, and knowing which of our web pages are visited and which services are most often used. Such collected information can be IP address, device identifier, browser type, device type, domain names, access times, duration of visit, referring URL, platform, new and repeat information, time stamp, exit page information, and other information about how you use the service.
When you download, and use our services, we automatically collect information such as the type of device you use, operating system version, device type and system performance information.
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your phone. This software may record anonymized, aggregated information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile application.This information is not linked to your account and it is not traceable.
We may collect geolocation data through our services, 3rd party services or from you directly. We may use this information to search for information you may need for example, to provide you with offers or opportunities based upon your location and travel plans. You may opt-out of location based services at any time by editing the setting at the device level or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
When we execute such searches on your behalf we do not transfer your identity or personal information to third parties. We will only share this information with our mapping provider for the sole purpose of providing you this service. The transmission of this information is done via secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We may occasionally send you push notifications related to your trip & profile, app updates and other services. You may at any time opt-out from receiving these types of communications by turning them off partially or completely at the device level through your settings. Please note by opting-out you will no longer receive important push notification before, while and after your trip such as trip-reminder, flight flight delay and more.
See below details of the cookies used in Website, Web Application and Affiliate Accounts:
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
As we sell products it's important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
Web Application and Affiliate Accounts
Account and Login related cookies such as CodeIgniter and Laravel Authentication, CodeIgniter and Laravel CSRF Token in Forms and Profile PIN Authentication:
Site preferences cookies in Trip View:
In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
What Information Others May Collect about You
Other third parties may collect information about you through our services, including personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our services. We describe some of those activities above, but understand that our policy does not cover these or any other third parties, their products, actions, or their services. We cannot control how third parties collect, use, or secure your data. For information about third-party privacy practices, please consult their privacy policies.
How do we store that data?
The security of your personal information is very important to us. TravelerBuddy will take reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is protected against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. When you enter sensitive information (such as travel document details or a credit card number), we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow best practices and common standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. Within our system all data is encrypted by an industry standard AES-256 encryption algorithm
However, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. If you have any questions about security regarding our app, you can contact us at email@example.com.
When you access your personal account information, you're utilizing secure server software SSL, which encrypts your personal information before it's sent over the Internet. SSL is one of the safest encryption technologies available.
Furthermore, you have the possibility to protect your personal account information by turning the profile PIN protection within the app.
What do we do with this data?
We will use your original forwarded booking confirmation to generate and update your itinerary automatically. This might include parsing from a third party parsing provider if applicable. We will use your passport expiry date and nationality without disclosing any other personal information to retrieve pre-travel check information such as required passport validity, visa, vaccination, and information about country specific health situation and customs regulations. This might include retrieving such information from third party providers.
Any other data will not be shared without your permission to third party parties.
Traveler Buddy Group Pte Ltd will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary:
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or act regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of TravelerBuddy, our users, or others; and about the enforcement of our terms, contracts, and user Agreement.
- About a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, acquisition, consolidation, or asset sale (or the negotiation thereof), or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, we may assign or transfer your information as part of the transaction. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website, of any change in ownership, uses of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal information
- With third-party business firms contracted to provide specific services to us, such as email messaging providers, SMS providers, mapping provider (geo-location) for the purpose of them servicing you ads for places (such as restaurants) in your area and other third parties that perform services on our behalf as a part of the service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- As required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including meeting national security or law enforcement requirements to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our site.
- From time to time, we also may share general information about our services, users, and visitors such as the number of visitors, aggregate and/or demographic and travel data, etc.with third parties (including with your employer, if your account was provided through your employer). We may also post customer feedback on the site from time to time along with your first name and last initial with your consent. If you wish to update or delete your feedback, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal information is never shared outside the company without your permission, except under conditions explained above.
By sharing the full details of your trip, you agree to share the following sensitive information of every trip item:
- Booking Reference of Flight.
- Reservation No. of Hotel.
- Host Name of Home Stay.
- Reservation No. of your Transportation (e.g. Car Rental, Land Transfer, Public Transport and Cruise Ferry)
- Original booking document (PDF) including your payment details.
The above-mentioned information will be shared through third-party services that enable the recipient to access and view the trip and respective, underlying booking details and documents. Depending on the platform you have made the bookings, the recipient might be able to access and modify the booking on your behalf with or without your consent. Furthermore, sensitive information like your gender, birthday, nationality, residency, address, contact information, and credit/debit card details might be exposed depending on the settings of third-party services and booking platform.
Once the recipient decides to import the trip, the trip and its underlying booking details (incl. documents) will reflect on the recipient's TravelerBuddy account.
By sharing your trip with your contacts, you are fully aware of the associated risks, and you are willing to bear these risks. TravelerBuddy is under no circumstances reliable for damages or loss, costs or any other commercial damages or losses, including without limitation personal injury, illness, health problems, direct or indirect consequential whatsoever, including, arising or related to sharing your trip or your use or inability to use our or third-party applications and services.
How to opt-out of our email messages
If you'd like to stop receiving e-mail newsletters from us, you can click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. Some emails are sent by TravelerBuddy in response to your activity in the system. If you do not want to receive these, you can contact us at email@example.com to request that the notifications are removed.
Links to Other Web Sites
You can log in to our app or site using sign-in services such as Facebook, LinkedIn or Google. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address etc. to pre-populate our sign-up form.
Deleting your personal information on TravelerBuddy
If you decide you would like to delete all your information on TravelerBuddy, you can always close your account by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting to delete your account. Our service team will contact you to verify your identity before closing the account.
What are your full rights regarding your data?
Under certain circumstances, you have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
- Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to the processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please write to email@example.com
Do Not Track
We may not recognize or respond to every type of "do not track" signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services, but we will give you certain choices about how we collect personally identifiable information as described in this policy. Many Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Site including certain opt-out cookies.
International Users: Applicable Law
Personal data collected within the EEA (European Economic Area) may, for example, be transferred to and processed by third parties located in a country outside of the EEA as referred to in this policy. In such instances, Traveler Buddy shall ensure that the transfer of your personal data is carried out in accordance with applicable privacy laws and that appropriate contractual, technical, and organizational measures are in place.
If you’re based in the EEA and think that we haven’t complied with data protection laws, you have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
Updates to This Policy
We may use third parties to serve ads in our services. If you click/tap on these ads, you will get forwarded to third parties which may automatically collect information about your use of their services, visits to their websites and other linked websites, your IP address, your ISP, and the browser you use to visit their website. Third parties may collect information by using cookies, clear gifs, or other technologies. These third parties may use this information to deliver additional advertising targeted to your interests and to better understand the usage and visitation of the services and the other websites tracked by these third parties.
To enable the limited advertisements on our service, we may share a unique advertising identifier that is not attributable to you, with our third party advertising partners, and advertising service providers, along with certain technical data about you (your language preference, country, city, and device data), based on our legitimate interest. This includes partners managing our advertising placements and also advertisers themselves and their agencies or third parties managing their advertising demands. Your unique advertising identifier is created by your mobile device’s operating system and you can change it or choose not to share it at any time.
Our Ads on Third-Party Websites
We and our third-party partners may use information collected using third-party cookies and web beacons on our services and in our emails to deliver ads about our services displayed to you on third-party websites and applications. We also may use cookie information and other methods to know when you return to our services after visiting these third-party websites and applications. We use this and other information about you to try to understand your interests and show you relevant advertising about products and services that may interest you. Our third-party partners may also use this information for third-party advertising as described above.
If you have questions or concerns regarding privacy or security on our Site, feel free to contact us:
Traveler Buddy Group Pte. Ltd.
10 Anson Road